Emergency ManagementAED Information
Sudden cardiac arrest (SCA) is a condition in which the heart suddenly and unexpectedly stops beating. If this happens, blood stops flowing to the brain and other vital organs. Rapid treatment of SCA with cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and an automated external defibrillator (AED) can be lifesaving.
The following sections include instructional videos and reference documents on how to use the HeartStart and FRx AEDs. In addition, each AED provides audible instructions on how to place the pads, whether or not a shock is advised, and performing CPR. If you do not have a CPR mask, you can perform chest compression only CPR.
Philips HeartStart AED
Philips FRx AED
AED Locations and Map
- Lifetime Sports (Bldg 15) – lobby
- Richardson Building (Bldg 21) - lobby
- Hinson Administration Building (Bldg 27) - first and second floors, across from elevator
- Library & Learning Commons (Bldg 30) – second floor, library reference desk
- Student Union (Bldg 35) – first floor, TCC Police desk
- Workforce Development (Bldg 38) – first floor, near stairs
- Advanced Manufacturing Training Center (Bldg 43) – across from room 104
In addition to the publicly accessible AEDs listed above, each TCC Police Department vehicle is also equipped with an AED.
Download the TCC Main Campus AED Map (PDF)
- Center for Innovation
- Ghazvini Center for Healthcare Education
- Gadsden Center
- Wakulla Center
- Wakulla Environmental Institute