The Rape Aggression Defense (R.A.D.) course, offered by TCC Police Department, is taught by nationally-certified R.A.D. instructors. Participating students are provided with a workbook and manual. The manual outlines the entire physical defense program which facilities women students' personal growth, and further serves as an information source after completion of the course.
The R.A.D. System's instructional objective is to develop and enhance the options of self-defense, which can become viable considerations to the woman who might be attacked.
R.A.D. is offered all over the United States and Canada. Once graduating from R.A.D., students can return and practice their self-defense skills at any location where R.A.D. is offered. Therefore, the women participants acquire self-defense skills in a relatively short period of time and are offered the opportunity to relearn, master, and practice these skills throughout their lives.
Reasons to Take R.A.D.
- R.A.D. is a free, fun class for women only
- R.A.D. teaches you to defend yourself - stop depending on others
- R.A.D. only takes 12 hours, with the last 3 hours as a voluntary simulation
- R.A.D. teaches you to recognize dangerous situations, and potentially life-saving techniques
A minimum of 6 students is needed for each class, so bring a friend! Except where noted, R.A.D. is open to all women of the community.
- Saturdays, September 8 & 15, 2018 (9 a.m.- 3:30 p.m. both days)
- Saturdays, October 6 & 13, 2018 (9 a.m.- 3:30 p.m. both days)
- Saturdays, January 26 & February 2, 2019 (9 a.m.- 3:30 p.m. both days)
- Saturdays, March 2 & 9, 2019 (9 a.m.- 3:30 p.m. both days)
Students must attend all sessions within the chosen class, with the exception of the voluntary simulation portion.
The R.A.D. classes are free, but enrollment is limited to ensure the highest level of quality instruction.
Complete the registration form below to sign up for a R.A.D. class.
Students under 18 must also have parental consent to attend. If you are under 18 years of age, please have your parent complete the Parental Consent form and bring to the first class.