Information Technology Plan for FY 2018-19
As we begin a new fiscal year, I wanted to outline for you the Information Technology Plan for the upcoming year.
- Continue the process of replacing and/or upgrading the College's ERP, SIS and related systems (including but not limited to CRM, curriculum management, catalog management, degree audit, financial aid, advising, and other systems that either require change due to ERP conversion or whose change in conjunction with the ERP conversion will benefit the College.
- Replace and/or upgrade aging wireless networking technology and associated components (including hardware and software and associated components).
- Replace and/or upgrade the technologies used for the College’s public website, intranet, and internal collaboration sites (including Sharepoint).
- Replace and/or upgrade aging end-user computing devices and associated hardware and software components (including but not limited to desktop computers, laptop computers, tablets, etc.)
- Explore and/or implement a robust centralized network and data security program including but not limited to physical and logical network security (hardware, software), intrusion detection and prevention (hardware and software), network access control (hardware and software), and data security policies and procedures (on premise, and cloud/hosted).
- Explore and/or implement enhancements to the current ID card system(s) in use at the College (including printers, software, and other hardware) and/or a campus “one-card” solution.
- Continue to enhance end-point protection, access controls, and data security (such as two-factor authentication, identity management tools, PII scanning tools, anti-virus software, mobile device management, etc.).
- Replace and/or upgrade aging classroom instructional technologies and associated hardware and software components
- Replace and/or upgrade aging networking equipment and servers with an eye towards increasing redundancy of critical systems and a goal of increasing the use of virtualization and / or hosted and cloud technologies.
- Explore and/or implement technology to facilitate the creation of, delivery of, registration for and recordkeeping of professional development activities of College staff and/or students.
- Replace and/or upgrade the security systems in use at the College (including video cameras and related systems, dispatch software, door access, etc.).
- Replace and/or upgrade campus police department technologies including but not limited to database systems, reporting systems, records management, computer aided dispatching, evidence/property/incident/activity tracking, and case management systems along with any hardware, software, training, and/or maintenance needs that might be necessary to implement and support present and future needs and systems or integration and/or communication with other systems.
- Support technology needs and initiatives at all campus sites and locations.
- Continue to merge the various units of Information Technology organizationally as well as physically.
Prior Technology Plans