Dean and Faculty Resources
Mission and Vision
TCC Online offers an alternative to on-campus education by providing both hybrid and online opportunities that allow students to pursue a program of study. TCC offers high quality courses and provides comprehensive student support services that foster students’ intellectual, career, academic, and personal development.
Our guiding principles are student engagement, student development, and student success.
We provide workshops, webinars, and coaching via phone, email, and in person.Explore the services we provide
Meet the Team
TCC Online's team: Director of TCC Online, Instructional Designers, Media Specialist, Online Academic Advisor, and Office Manager.Meet the Team
Honorlock is an online proctoring solution offered by Tallahassee Community College.Discover more about Honorlock
We provide workshops, webinars, and coaching via phone, email, and in person.
Various training related topics for online faculty include:
- Online Pedagogy – focuses on training faculty how to teach online covering the pedagogical, social, technical, and managerial roles.
- Course Design and Development – focuses on training and assisting faculty with the design and development of quality online and hybrid courses.
- Quality Assurance – focuses on faculty designing and implementing quality online and hybrid courses. Our processes are grounded in Quality Matters™ standards. In addition, focuses on designers and technologists developing and implementing quality online and hybrid workshops.
- Media and Accessibility – focuses on faculty complying with accessibility laws (Section 504 and 508) in designing web-based courses. This area includes captioning media (audio and video) and online course content (PDFs, images, and more).
- Copyright for Online Instruction – focuses on faculty complying with copyright guidelines such as Fair Use and the TEACH Act for web-based courses.
- Online Student Services – focuses on faculty awareness and use of the online learning services available to students.
- Emerging Online Technologies – focuses on the identification and application of the pedagogical use of online technologies, Web 2.0 tools, and instructional software in web-based courses.
- Canvas Activity Workbook – focuses on the pedagogical applications of the Canvas LMS and apps available to faculty for instruction.
Meet the Team!
Director of TCC Online
Dr. Lemond Hall
Dr. Kim Manning
Zhen An Ong (0za)
Dr. Patricia Heeter
Yi Yong Teo (Leon)
TCC Online Advisor
Honorlock is an online proctoring solution offered by Tallahassee Community College. Honorlock records the exam session allowing students to test at their convenience.Honorlock is completely on-demand so students can login to take their exam any time of the day. Exam incidents will be reported back to Tallahassee Community College faculty.Honorlock does not require students to download any software or create any logins.
Honorlock features include:
No scheduling appointments
No software to install
24/7 support for faculty and students
No additional logins
Patented mobile-device prevention technology
How to use Honorlock:
If you would like more information about using Honorlock in your online course, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or refer to the below user guides for Canvas.
Recommend Syllabus Language
Your exams this semester will be proctored by Honorlock. Honorlock is an online proctoring service that allows you to take your exam from the comfort of your home. Honorlock is available 24/7 all you need is a computer, webcam, and an internet connection. You do not need to create an account or schedule a time,
Honorlock is very simple! All you will need to do is log into Canvas and click on the quiz you need to take. You will be prompted to add the Honorlock Chrome Extension, which is required to take your exam. You are required to use Google Chrome as your browser. Then you will need to take a picture, show your ID, and scan your room. Honorlock will be recording you VIA webcam and they will be recording your screen. They also have an integrity algorithm that can detect search-engine use, so do not attempt to cheat or look up answers.
Webcams are required if you are using Honorlock.
TCC has computers on campus with webcams that you can use to take your exams: Learning Commons Room 262, 262A, 260C or 256.
TCC also has webcams that can be checked out in the Library on the 1st floor at the Circulation Desk for two full days (48 hours).
Honorlock offers 24/7 customer service VIA phone and live-chat. When you enter your exam the live-chat will be on the bottom-right hand of your screen during the entire exam, in case you need their tech support. Also, you can call their support line at (855) 828-4004 . It is recommended that you test your system at honorlock.com/support prior to your exam. We also recommend you take a practice quiz with Honorlock, prior to your real exam.
User Guides and Video Tutorials:
Below are some helpful video tutorials and PDF guides for your faculty and students as well as some important reminders for your faculty when settingup Honorlock.
Faculty Guide (instructions on how to enable Honorlock)
Honorlock Canvas Video (full video of our Canvas integration faculty & student side)
View the TCC Honorlock Webinar with Faculty (recorded on 8/14/18)**