International Student

Steps to TCC

International students are "non-immigrant" visitors who wish to come to the United States to study. Our International Services Office can help you with your admission steps whether you want to study in the U.S. or take online classes outside the U.S. Follow these below steps to get started at TCC.

Download the International Application Checklist for new international students.

Apply for Admission

  1. Apply for admission to TCC using our online application
    1. If you plan to transfer to a 4-year university, select Associate of Arts (A.A.), no matter what your bachelor's degree will be.
    2. If you do not plan to transfer to a 4-year university and are only seeking a terminal 2-year degree, select Associate of Science (A.S.).
  2. After you submit you will receive a confirmation page with your TCC Identification number, email address and password. Keep this page for your records as you will need this information to log in to TCC Passport and access your TCC email.

Submit Required Supporting Documents

Official High School or University Transcript and Diploma

All academic records must be issued in the native language and be accompanied by a certified English translation.

Official Course-By-Course Evaluation of High School or College Transcripts, Diploma and/or Examination Results.

Submit an official evaluation of high school or college transcripts and diploma by a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, such as the World Education Services, Inc. or Josef Silny & Associates, Inc. Costs for these services are paid by the student. For assistance, you may deal directly with the agency, or you may email International Services.

Submit TOEFL or IELTS Report

International student applicants whose native language is not English must submit test scores from either the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) to demonstrate English language procifiency. Test scores must be sent directly to International Student Services from the testing agency. ISS will not accept test scores that are more than 2 years old. The minimum scores required for each exam are required below.

  • TOEFL: 45 (internet-based test); 133 (computer-based test); 450 (paper-based test)
  • IELTS: Overall band score of 4.5 or higher

Submit Proof of Funding

Submit proof of funds which demonstrates your ability (or your sponsor's) to pay for classes, living expenses, and health insurance during your program at TCC. Please click HERE to read more about the funding guidelines and requirements for international students on F-1 visas. All financial documentation should be sent directly to International Student Services.

**All official transcripts/evaluations, TOEFL/IELTS results, and proof of funding must be sent directly to the following address.**

Tallahassee Community College
International Services Office, SU 242
444 Appleyard Drive
Tallahassee, FL 32304

Receive Form I-20

After your admission application file is complete and we have received all required documents, your I-20 will be processed and mailed to you in a pre-arrival packet.

Your Form I-20, your Certificate of Eligiblity for Nonimmigrant Student Status, is an important document that you must keep in a safe place at all times. It demonstrates that you have been accepted to study at TCC as an F-1 visa student and is required to apply for your visa.

F-1 Visa at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate

As soon as you receive your Form I-20, I-901 SEVIS Fee ($200). You will need to present proof of your I-901 SEIVS Fee payment at your visa interview, so please print your receipt.

Then, make an appointment for a visa interview at the U.S. embassy or consulate nearest you.  Bear in mind that wait times to schedule an interview can vary greatly from country to country, so be sure to check the wait time at the location nearest you.

Arrival in the United States

Notify our office when you receive your F-1 student visa.  When you enter the U.S., you will need to show the immigration officer:

  • Your original Form I-20
  • Your valid passport with a valid student visa 

Questions? Contact the Office of International Services Office by calling (850) 201-8258, emailing us at, or visiting us in the Student Union, room 242.