Steps to TCC
Students who are veterans, veteran-dependents, active duty personnel, Reserve and National Guard members, and ROTC cadets and follow the below steps to get started at TCC.
Visit Veterans Affairs for more information.
Apply for Admission
- Apply for admission to TCC using our online application.
- After you submit you will receive a confirmation page with your TCC Identification number, email address and password. Keep this page for your records as you will need this information to log in to TCC Passport and access your TCC email.
- If you were not able to upload your residency documents at the time of application, please remember to provide copies of the residency documents (e.g., driver’s license, vehicle registration, voter’s registration card) that reflect an issue date of at least one year prior to the first day of class for the semester you plan to attend to the Office of Admissions and Records.
Apply for Financial Aid and Scholarships
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Submit a completed TCC financial aid application after TCC has received a copy of your analyzed FAFSA at www.tcc.fl.edu/financialaid.
- Veterans, reservists and children and spouses can complete application for MGI Bill at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
- For more information:
Send Transcripts to TCC
Include high school transcript, or copy of GED test Scores, and transcripts from any colleges attended. Veterans students must also submit DD-214, AARTS, SMART, CCAR and DANTES to evaluate military experience and credits.
Note, transient students must submit a transient student letter or form from home institution’s Registrar’s Office.Many colleges and universities in the state of Florida allow electronic submission of the transient application through the Transient Student Admission Application through Florida's Virtual Campus.
Review Placement Testing Information
- Submit any SAT, ACT, AP, IB, etc. scores to Admissions and Enrollment Services.
- Any student who entered grade 9 in the Florida public school system in the 2003-2004 academic year (or later) and earned a Florida Standard High School Diploma (from a Florida public high school) will not be required to take placement testing and will not be required to enroll in developmental education in a Florida College System institution.
- Any active service member will not be required to take a placement test and will not be required to enroll in developmental education. This exemption will be authorized upon review and verification of your final, official Florida high school transcript or verification of active duty military status, after which the student will receive advising about your course options and can then register for classes. For more information on this exemption, please visit the TCC Advising Center (Student Union).
- Those needing or wishing to take the Florida Post-secondary Readiness Test can contact the TCC Testing Center at (850) 201-8282.
- Adult Education or postsecondary adult vocation certificate program applicants must take the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE).
Provide Documentation of Immunizations
Students born on or after January 1, 1957 must provide documented proof of immunization of German Measles (rubella) and Measles (rubeola - 2 doses) to Admissions and Enrollment Services.
Complete New Student Orientation
- Complete the Online Orientation (you will need to have your TCC ID number)
- Be sure to complete Sigi3 during the online orientation
Register with the Vet Success Counselor
Veterans Affairs helps veterans take advantage of specialized services that are designed to assist veteran students navigate state and federal education benefit programs, and make the most of the College’s many resources. You can visit the Office at the Veterans Success Center, located in the Computer Technology (CT) building, room 206.
Questions? Contact us at (850) 201-8555 or email email@example.com, or stop by the Admissions Office located on the second floor of the Student Union.
To contact the Veterans Affairs Office, call (850) 201-8406, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the Veterans Success Center in the Computer Technology (CT) building, room 206.