Leadership & InvolvementPeer Leaders
Peer Leaders help connect other students to campus resources and work to help them maximize their TCC experience. They will also work in collaboration with various offices and departments on campus that provide opportunities for positive peer-to-peer relationships that promote student success.
The mission of the TCC Peer Leader Program is to provide opportunities for positive peer to peer relationships that promote student success by assisting new students in adjusting to college life, connecting students to campus resources and services; and providing academic, social, and personal guidance from a peer perspective.
Moreover the TCC Peer Leader Program seeks to engage students in the TCC community and expand leadership skills within that community.
The goal of the program is to increase student collaboration and success by connecting new students with Peer Leaders who will assist them in:
1. Navigating the TCC system;
2. Connecting students to resources (First Year Experience Program, Learning Commons, Library, advising, faculty, and more);
3. Understanding a Culture of Learning (classroom success strategies, faculty/student and peer relationships, effective utilization of resources).
- Expand your communication skills
- Provide you with the opportunity to meet and network with a variety of people
- Enable you to work as part of a team
- Provide you the opportunity to share your knowledge with current students
- Enhance your leadership skills
- Provide you with a tuition and fees paid scholarship for the school year
- Provide you with opportunities to build your resume
- Provide you with comprehensive training on many aspects of Tallahassee Community College
- Provide you a window for early registration as being part of this program