Online TrainingAles, Lagers & Fermentation
- Ales, Lagers & Fermentation
- APD Training
- Career Training
- Certified Financial Planner
- Computer Training & Certification
- Contractor Renewal
- Customer Service
- Event Planning
- Healthcare Continuing Education
- Healthcare Information Management
- HIV & Bloodborne Pathogens
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Personal Development
- Project Management
- Property Appraisal
- Real Estate
This non-credit course, delivered online, is an introduction to Ales, Lagers and Fermentation. Students will learn about the history of beer, serving and storing beer, glassware, brewing ingredients, the brewing process, proper beer presentation, beer styles, flavors, and regions.
Ales, Lagers & Fermentation is a 40-hour course. Students are free to move through the course materials at their own pace, provided all course requirements are met before the course end date (90 days from date of registration).
Use Career Coach to explore related careers.
Course ID: BIA0100
Fee: $169.00 (includes exam voucher)
Contact Hours: 40
- Section 1 - History of Beer
- Section 2 - Legal Attributes
- Section 3 - Craft Brewing Trends
- Section 4 - Food Pairing
- Section 5 - Serving Alcohol
- Section 6 - Beer Storage
- Section 7 - Glassware and Maintenance
- Section 8 - Bottles and Drafts
- Section 9 - Ingredients Part 1
- Section 10 - Ingredients Part 2
- Section 11 - Brewing Process
- Section 12 - Preservation
- Section 13 - Characteristics
- Section 14 - Sensory Evaluation
- Section 15 - Style Index Part 1
- Section 16 - Style Index Part 2
End of Course Exam: 100 Questions
This course is designed to prepare you for the Cicerone Certified Beer Server exam. Upon successful completion of the end-of-course exam, you will be provided a certificate of completion from TCC and a voucher for the exam.
More about the Cicerone Beer Certification
This course is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Cicerone Certification Program.
So, why get certified?
The Hospitality industry is growing and not slowly. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, over the next 10 years, jobs in the Food Service & Drinking Places field will grow by nearly 11%. This includes jobs such as: Distribution Center Workers, Brewers & Brewery Managers, Bar & Restaurant Management, Sales and Beer Service Technicians and Wait Staff. These upper level, higher-paid, specialized positions require training and the Cicerone Certified Beer Server Certification Course at TCC provides just that.
See what types of jobs require Cicerone Certification!
For more information, please contact us at OnlineTraining@tcc.fl.edu or call (850) 201-6240.